Alright, you have your coffee breaks and long breaks when you are at work. You can do whatever you want during that time but beyond that, when it is working hours, you have to comply and be diligent. You should avoid specific things because you are required to give your undivided attention. Sometimes, there are Singaporeans who carry many bad habits at work which might hurt their productivity.
When you are at work, you have to think of being productive and proactive. You cannot do this is you are preoccupied by other things. This article will discuss about bad habits you carry at work and hopefully you can notice it and do something about it. Here’s the list:
- Checking Facebook or other social networking sites: Many people are distracted by Facebook and other social networking sites like Twitter and Instagram. If you are an addict, it is time that you control yourself. These sites will not help you instead they are a waste of time. Just do not open it when you are at work and avoid glimpsing, sneaking or peaking even for a moment.
- Not making the list: You cannot possibly remember everything. If you do not trust yourself to remember everything, the most productive thing that you can do is create a to-do list. Even if you have a good memory, you will have problems with prioritizing so it is best to just write it and evaluate yourself at the end of the day if you missed something important or not.
- Staying late: There is nothing wrong if you are dedicated to your work but if means staying late or being available all the time, it is not healthy. You have to rest to avoid burning out. If it is not necessary, do not let yourself stay late because it will destroy your health.
- Skipping meals: You only eat lunch when you are at work, do not skip it. If you do not eat, your body will not perform well. Food is important because it serves as your fuel. If you do not have fuel, you cannot get far.
- Not asking help: Sometimes all you need is to humble yourself and ask for help. Do not be too proud and keep everything to yourself.
So, the next time you go to work, do not think about your Facebook or other social networking sites. The best thing to do is to create your to-do list and make sure to employ them no matter what happens. After your working hours, you can do as you please. There are a lot of things worth doing here in Singapore.
All applicants will undergo interview. Whether you are the richest or the best employee in the planet, you will have to be asked by the company’s human resource manager. This is because companies don’t want to waste time on employees that cannot perform well or in other words cannot help the company grow.
Even if you have the most award for the nest employee of the month, it is still not an assurance that you will get a job in the company you like. Company owners have different taste. Sometimes, they hire an applicant because they are in the mood of hiring him. However, you should not rely on those instances because in the first place, all you want here is a job.
Now, how are you going to do this? Simple – Know Your Interviewer’s Profile. Nowadays, it is very easy to search for the person that you are looking for. It’s just one click away and you can now find who you are looking for. This is with the help of social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Like knowing the company’s profile, you also need to know the interviewer’s background. By doing this, you will have the idea on how you will be interviewed because sometimes, you will know the attitude of a person based on his photos and credentials. However, it is not an assurance that you will know his attitude towards interviewing. But to be sure, prepared for any situation that might happen.
Most of the time, when interview is being scheduled for you, you get excited at the same time, you get nervous. If you let this happen, there are possibilities that you will fail in your job interview. Many people say that it is very easy to get rid of nervousness and excitement.
This is through breathing exercises. But it doesn’t mean that if you breathe in and breathe out heavily, you will pass the interview. It’s not like that! In reality, breathing exercises will only lessen the nervousness you are feeling so that you can think properly and answer all the questions that will be asked to you by your interviewer.
Almost all human resource manager in a company have the same question in all applicants. In some cases, most companies have the common questions to ask on their applicants. “Why should we hire you in our company?” A simple question yet the most crucial.
Practice the answers to some common questions. Questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, what is your background, how much is your expected salary, what are your special skills, why should they hire you, what are only a few of the possible questions that will be asked by your interviewer.
Sometimes, out will experience a mental block, especially if you get nervous. To avoid experiencing this, keep calm and relax. If you want to answer all questions that might be asked to you, review your resume. In this way, you can give the most accurate information to your interviewer.