They say that eyes are the window of the soul. It can also be the difference between an ordinary day and extraordinary one. There is no doubt that makeups can enhance and highlight beauty. If in this case you want to emphasize the beauty of your eyes, there are few things that you have to know. Remember that with the right eye color combination, you will look rather ravishing.
When picking the right eye color, it is imperative that you know your skin undertone so you will know what to consider. Now not knowing your skin complexion is a waste of time and resources. It is a waste of time because you have to constantly look for the right color and a waste of resources because you have to purchase one or more set. To avoid this, skin complexion should be discovered.
There are only two kinds of skin complexion – warm and cool skin. If you have orange, gold or peach undertone, you have a warm complexion. Warm complexions are best with earthy colors like brown, coral, green, gold and orange. If you have violet or pink undertone, you have a cool complexion. Cool complexions are best with pastel colors like dark blue, purple, pink, red and burgundy.
Here are some tips on picking the right colors for your eyes:
- Blue eyes and warm skin: For warm skinned blue-eyed persons, recommended eye shadow hues include brown, green, gold, coral and other neutral colors. You have to avoid turquoise-colored eye shadows.
- Blue eyes and cool skin: For cool skinned blue-eyed persons, recommended eye shadow hues include purples and pinks. However, you have to avoid blue-colored eye shadows.
- Green eyes and warm skin: For warm skinned green-eyed persons, recommended eye shadow hues include neutral colors like gold, coral and brown. You have to avoid green-colored eye shadows.
- Brown eyes and warm skin: For warm skinned brown-eyed persons, recommended eye shadow hues include coral, gold, green, brown, burgundy and blue-green. You have to avoid brown-colored eye shadows.
- Brown eyes and cool skin: For cool skinned brown-eyed persons, recommended eye shadow hues is virtually any hue. It can work nicely with any hue and there is nothing to avoid.
Now that you know the right color for your eyes, you can buy as many and practice applying it. However you have to remember to balance your makeup. Since you want to emphasize your eyes, keep the rest of your face (e.g lips and cheeks) light.