If you are watching the news, you might have heard about a Singapore Airlines airbus A380 doing emergency landing in Azerbaijan on January 7, 2014 because of the loss of pressure in the cabin. The plane has 467 passengers with 27 crews. The airline was proud to inform the public that there were no casualties. They said that the deployment of oxygen masks was considered immediately.
This scenario is not new in the aviation industry. When something is wrong, many planes perform emergency landing but there are planes that cannot make it to the nearest airport. Passengers can either die or survive when they face plane crash. Who wants to die? Of course everybody wants to survive. If you want to survive a plane crash, you can consider the following things:
- Fasten seatbelt: If you are prompted by the pilot or the flight attendants to fasten your seatbelt, you have to follow it and never ask questions. This is for your own safety no matter how uncomfortable it feels.
- Listen to flight attendants: If you may notice, before ascending or during taxiing of the plane, flight attendants will talk about safety measures in the event of plane crash. You have to listen to them seriously.
- Read safety card: If you want to review safety measures, do not worry because you can read safety card tucked in front of you. Reading it won’t take long.
- Ride bigger planes: If money is not an issue, as much as possible ride bigger planes. You should know that larger planes have greater energy absorption. This means that you will endure lesser force.
- Put masks on: As soon as the oxygen masks are deployed, you have to reach for it and put it on immediately. The mask will help you breath normally even if you are at high altitude.