Alright, you have your coffee breaks and long breaks when you are at work. You can do whatever you want during that time but beyond that, when it is working hours, you have to comply and be diligent. You should avoid specific things because you are required to give your undivided attention. Sometimes, there are Singaporeans who carry many bad habits at work which might hurt their productivity.
When you are at work, you have to think of being productive and proactive. You cannot do this is you are preoccupied by other things. This article will discuss about bad habits you carry at work and hopefully you can notice it and do something about it. Here’s the list:
- Checking Facebook or other social networking sites: Many people are distracted by Facebook and other social networking sites like Twitter and Instagram. If you are an addict, it is time that you control yourself. These sites will not help you instead they are a waste of time. Just do not open it when you are at work and avoid glimpsing, sneaking or peaking even for a moment.
- Not making the list: You cannot possibly remember everything. If you do not trust yourself to remember everything, the most productive thing that you can do is create a to-do list. Even if you have a good memory, you will have problems with prioritizing so it is best to just write it and evaluate yourself at the end of the day if you missed something important or not.
- Staying late: There is nothing wrong if you are dedicated to your work but if means staying late or being available all the time, it is not healthy. You have to rest to avoid burning out. If it is not necessary, do not let yourself stay late because it will destroy your health.
- Skipping meals: You only eat lunch when you are at work, do not skip it. If you do not eat, your body will not perform well. Food is important because it serves as your fuel. If you do not have fuel, you cannot get far.
- Not asking help: Sometimes all you need is to humble yourself and ask for help. Do not be too proud and keep everything to yourself.
So, the next time you go to work, do not think about your Facebook or other social networking sites. The best thing to do is to create your to-do list and make sure to employ them no matter what happens. After your working hours, you can do as you please. There are a lot of things worth doing here in Singapore.